//some 3rd party need geo

msn messenger sound problems

steve0 09:58 18 Aug 03

I'm trying to use msn messenger 6 with video cam and mic. Can get video OK but sound does not work - keeps getting sound feature disconnected after requesting voice chat. Same problem with Windows messenger (XP version).

Have tried contacting various friends - same problem. If I use Yahoo messenger it works flawlessly - both video and sound. I know I could just use this instead, but many of my friends have hotmail addresses only so more hassle for them to change to yahoo and download program

Is this just another example of a microsoft problem - is anyone using the voice and video features reliably?

Thanks

Lozzy 12:11 18 Aug 03

Contact Microsoft its an issue and the more people who contact them with this problem then they will fix it. click here;en-gb;incidentsubmit for there free on-line support and you will need to use your passport. They will get back in touch within 2 days.. Be very specific in what you say to them or you will get an email back advising you to try things you have already done.

Socalled 16:52 18 Aug 03

Sounds to me like I'm not the only one to have had this problem.I have had several replies from msn re this very same problem,and the last reply stated they were passing this problem on for review and would get back to me,ha still waiting after 6 weeks.

OneSirKnight 16:56 18 Aug 03

Yes its a problem they haven't yet sorted,I also still waiting for a solution,no such problem with yahoo messenger.

steve0 16:59 18 Aug 03

Thanks for replies - glad its not just me. Lozzy, your link didn't work - said wen page unavailable - another microsoft cop out. Thanks anyway - Yahoo one works prety well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…