msn messenger service in windows me

futurekid 07:33 23 Jun 06

hi,
i am at the moment running windows me and when i came to reformat the hard drive and got back on the internet i saw a what looks to me like the msn messenger iconin the internet explorer toolbar. I click this and it came up with the msn messenger service. I guess that it is similar to the windows messenger built into windows xp. Anyway when i typed in my email address and password which are all corect. i was presented with the following error message.

"logon to the msn messenger service failed because the server is not responding,the service is not available or you may not be connected to the internet."

I am not sure what all that means so i just wondered does anyone know why i get that message and what i could do to make the application work.
Or maybe is it outdated and it is no longer supported?

any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Ben Greenslade.

brundle 10:04 23 Jun 06

the messenger service was offline for a few hours yesterday no matter what program you used.
check carefully if you are using `windows messenger` - that and MSN messenger are different versions of the same program, windows messenger comes as standard with windows and is out of date, msn messenger is the
all singing all dancing version which is getting ever more bloated. get 7.5 here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…