//some 3rd party need geo

MSN Messenger query

Vonnie 18:31 02 Aug 03

I have changed my messenger service from Windows v4.7 to MSN v6. Although I prefer it in many ways I was wondering if I can change the way that it starts up.

When I log on to my PC I am immediately confronted by the Messenger log-on screen, this is before I can even launch my Broadband connection. Once Broadband is up and running it then logs in automatically. It also, once logged-in, opens up 2 additional MSN windows which I have no interest in and just shut down.

My questions are -

1. Can I stop the initial MSN messenger log-on screen so that it just logs on automatically once my connection is established without telling me to do so. (this is how Windows messenger worked) and

2. Can I prevent to 2 extra windows from opening once connected.

I know this may seem a minor problem but is still a little irratating!

VoG II 18:57 02 Aug 03

To stop MSN Messenger starting up automatically go to Tools/Options and on the General tab untick ""Automatically run Messenger when I log onto Windows".

keith-236785 19:41 02 Aug 03

as well as Vog's tip, in the General Tab untick "Display MSN Today when Messenger signs in"

that should stop both windows popping up.

Vonnie 22:38 02 Aug 03

Thanks guys! Sorted now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…