msn messenger problem

moggers 19:42 20 Mar 06

Hi my msn messenger keeps 'hanging' when i try and sign in and when I look in my task manager at applications it is listed twice?!? is this normal or could this be the problem? Im running XP if that makes any difference

ACOLYTE 19:50 20 Mar 06

Have you got MSN messenger as well as Windows messenger? if so try stopping this running and just use the one version.

moggers 19:56 20 Mar 06

yeh i do have windows messenger running but Im sure that that isnt running, as I could open that right now and sign in (which I havent done yet) im a bit confused as to the 2 entries

ACOLYTE 20:19 20 Mar 06

Windows messenger runs in the backgroung unless you stop it from doing so,so you can email your msn contacts,if when you sign in with MSN messenger you get a box saying you have been signed out besause you signed in another place then windows messesnger is runnig.

moggers 20:22 20 Mar 06

No that doesnt happen Im only running the one version of messenger in that case, so why the two entries in task manager?

ACOLYTE 22:03 20 Mar 06

Try ending both entries in task manager then open 1 version of msn and see if it works then.

terryf 22:11 20 Mar 06

I understand that it is not always good to have both messengers on an XP machine click here or click here. I found that using a webcam for example is best with MSN

moggers 23:56 20 Mar 06

When I end one of the entries in task manager they both close anyway and when I open it back up it takes 15 minutes to sign in and then the 2 entries pop back up, just reading the blurb terryf

skidzy 00:03 21 Mar 06

Do you have messenger Plus as an addon to msn,if so delete it....Its known to have a sponsor that carries spyware/malware.

Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage Addons.

Look for messeger Plus and Disable.

This assuming you have Messenger Plus

skidzy 00:05 21 Mar 06

You may like to think of running Ewido click here
This will help rid of any Spyware/Malware

At worse,uninstall messenger and reinstall to the latest version.

moggers 00:09 21 Mar 06

dont have messenger plus, Ive run ewido, avg, spybot, MS anti spyware, ad aware, Ive also uninstalled and installed messenger 4 times now nothing seems to work! It was fine until I set my connection up through a router but cant see why that would be the problem, although just talking to my housemate hes now having trouble signing in too!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…