MSN Messenger & other secure sites

Colonelkaye 13:21 04 Mar 05

Hi,
I am running AOL on all 3 PC's and wireless laptop together with McAfee Firewall as well as a firewall on the wireless router.
Until recently no probs. But as of yesterday no pc can log onto MSN Messenger as it keeps saying that McAfee may be stopping it.

Have checked the settings and MSN is set to full access and is not in the banned isp list.

Furthermore, other sites are now starting to play up. I cannot now access my Halifax online account nor TSB and also on E-bay, I can surf away after logging in but I cannot bid - keeps coming up page not available?

Can someone help as I am sure there must be a setting somewhere but why on every PC? The only other suspicion is the recent issue with MSN where I had to upgrade to the latest version???

I run AVG, PC Tools Spyware and registry doctor daily.

Cheers

Yoda Knight 13:37 04 Mar 05

check with AOL - they are apparently quite good at playing at being the censorship board ?

Colonelkaye 14:20 09 Mar 05

^bump^

Colonelkaye 14:22 09 Mar 05

AOL have fixed the issues surrounding all other sites but MSN still refuses to log in although I can now log into hotmail only. All PC's on the network are affected. Any ideas?

Porly07 15:06 09 Mar 05

Switch to another ISP? AOL are awful IMO.

Satmansq 16:45 09 Mar 05

Have you tried uninstalling MSN messenger and then reinstalling it.

Colonelkaye 09:58 11 Mar 05

In answer to some of the questions,

1) Cannot switch ISP, on a 12 month tie in !!!
2) Have de-installed and re-insatlled - no different.
3) Have de-installed McAfee totally which MSN troubleshooter said was stopping it.
4) Then de-installed and re-installed messenger. No difference. Except this time troubleshooter said there was nothing wrong with PC - contact MSN. Clicked on the hyperlink and the page will not load.
5) Out of curiosity clicked onto the windows update page and no updates will download. Neither will the page load. Type in something else like Comet or Currys and hey Presto.

Suspicously seems to be microsoft websites ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…