MSN Messenger Not Happy

Uboat 01:08 20 Oct 10

Can anyone pls tell me where i can run the 7.5 version of this chat without been told i need the newer version by MS & forcing me to update without been forced into a newer version.?
Ive downloaded the very latest to be confronted with freezes and some sort of manic CPU overload.? i had to "Control-Halt-Delete" every 30 seconds WHY MS? WHY o WHY..Are you moving forwards with your software or ramming CPU's...?

birdface 09:19 20 Oct 10

Did you download the 2011 version.If so I believe you need SP3 downloaded.

Al94 09:25 20 Oct 10

No problem here.

Uboat 10:50 20 Oct 10

Buteman ive got W7 so no SP needed/available.?
Ive uninstalled the latest version "2011" and ive got the older version BUT it wont EXECUTE the prog it forces me to update..? Grr

birdface 11:30 20 Oct 10

I must admit I am not to keen on the 2011 version.
I click on it to start in quick start and nothing so have click on it again to open.And when I sign in it dissapears again and I have to click on the icon again for it to open.
Mind you not sure if you need Silverlight downloaded to use it properly or not as I get a bit fed up removing it all of the time.
You can click on Windows Live Essentials in add remove and press repair.
There is also a roll back to the previous version that you had installed but forgot how to get to it.
I will have another look.

birdface 21:41 20 Oct 10

Not sure where I seen the rollback to the earlier version.
I can't find it now.

Forum Editor 22:38 20 Oct 10

rather than Speakers Corner. I'm moving it over now.

driver68 22:54 20 Oct 10

I downloaded this Update and was,nt happy with it. I tried it a couple of times just to see how it would go. I decided that it was,nt for me. What did I do next ? I did a System Restore to the time that it was installed & now I am back at the old one. But ! now I am getting notice once more that I have an update & guess what it is . Will wait & see if notice of update goes away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…