Msn Messenger Error '1603'

0101MATRIX0101 18:28 17 Jan 05

Whenever i install msn messenger and when it is nearly completed this error occurs:

An error occured during the installation of assembly component
{874793FC-5f43-496A-84E7-18C4DB9B143D}.
HRESULT:-2147024894

AND THEN AFTER THAT MESSAGE IT SAYS:

"MSN messenger setup has failed with error code:
'1603'."

Diodorus Siculus 18:30 17 Jan 05

Where are you installing from? It may be a corrupt download or damaged CD. Can you donwload it again?

Diodorus Siculus 18:35 17 Jan 05

MSN Messenger FAQ > MSN Messenger setup has failed with error code 1603. Help!
"Thanks to Amy for this FAQ about a confusing error that commonly appears during the installation of MSN Messenger 6. The full error message reads:

"You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for all users of the machine. Log on as administrator and retry this installation."

"Msn messenger setup has failed with error code: '1603'. Please go to MSN Messenger website to download software from there."

Not a very user-friendly error message if you ask me, but then does such thing exist? Anyway, I haven't verified the suggested solution, but here it goes:

1) Click Start > Run
2) Type msiexec /unreg and press enter and wait until it appears to have finished.
3) Go back to Start > Run
4) Type msiexec /regserver and press enter.
5) Try to install MSN Messenger 6 again. Good luck!"
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…