MSN messenger causing problems

Zebrapec 15:43 11 Dec 05

When one of my daughters use MSN on either my desktop pc or the lap top, it causes problems after by; not being able to shut down the pc, not being able to use other programms, freezing, etc. the only way to carry on is to 'pull the plug'. can someone tell me please what is going wrong and how to sort the problem out. both systems are win xp/ service pack 2/ MSN 7.5/ and both are using AOL.

ashdav 23:49 11 Dec 05

Make sure MSN is stopped before you try to shut down.
By that I mean you exit not just minimise to tray ie. icon still visible in lower right hand corner by the clock.

Mytob 00:29 12 Dec 05

dont use msn full of security holes and adverts. as for the prob ur having may be dew to it locking up explorer. try amsn amsn.sourcforge.net it open source and far more secure that msn. :)

Chegs ®™ 04:24 12 Dec 05

I have used MSN Messenger for years,never been "invaded" thru its "security holes" or "adverts" The only time I had a problem with a MS Messenger client,was "Windows Messenger" attracted popups,as SP-2 disables windows messenger its no longer a hassle(and had been uninstalled long beforehand anyway)

Zebrapec:
The advice from ashdav is good,my poor spec 98se laptop used to occasionally lockup or refuse to shutdown.The locking up,I could do little about(the lappys already got all hardware upgraded)but right-click MSN "pawn" in the systray and exit THEN shutdown cured it of hanging during shutdown.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…