MSN Messenger - cant send files....(why?!)

Mezzo 22:22 30 Jan 03

I keep getting this error message whenever trying to send files via msn messenger..

We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers.

....anyone know what this means? I also have trouble with my webcam, even if i only try to use the microphone on it. This has all seemed to start since i got my Freeserve Broadband connection.

Grateful for any help anyone can give me on this.

Thanks.

howard60 22:38 30 Jan 03

either the built in one of xp or an external one. it sounds like it is blocking you.

Mezzo 22:42 30 Jan 03

yes. i believe my xp one is switched on. do i need to switch it off (and if so how?)? also running norton antivirus 2002 with auto protect enabled, not that thats got anything to do with it?!!

i 'think' the problem has only occured since i got broadband..

VoG™ 22:48 30 Jan 03
  Mezzo 23:02 30 Jan 03

Impressive stuff! thanks for that. just need to wait for a contact to get online now. if they have xp and havent done what ive just done it still wont work will it?

VoG™ 23:05 30 Jan 03

I think that if you're both on BB with a LAN card you will both need to follow those instructions to send a file. Your friend should be able to receive whether they follow that link or not (I think!).

Audeal 23:08 30 Jan 03

Is Windows Messenger and MSN Messenger one of the same, or are they different programs.?

Mezzo 23:25 30 Jan 03

Look the same to me, but I know little!

Still having problems VoG™. Will refresh on Sat/Sun. Again, thanks for your help.

belgarth_the_sorcerer 00:14 31 Jan 03

when i converted to broadband i had the same trouble that your going through
i had to get a pub address from my servers maybe you need one too

« Ravin » 05:41 31 Jan 03

windows messenger is meant exclusively for windows xp while msn messenger is meant for all other versions of windows..BUT the latest version of msn messenger version 5 works even on windows xp.. go figure.

Mezzo 11:22 31 Jan 03

now able to send files. wahey!

still cant use the mic though. the error message is....

'The voice conversation with ????? has ended.'

begins to connect but doesnt make it. im using a logitech quickcam pro 4000.

any ideas team?

thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…