MSN Messenger and Broadband

trevpearson 06:35 04 Jun 04

Upgraded to Broadband without a problem. Apart from I am no longer able to log onto MSN Messenger. The MSN service is running OK, it seems the service can't find my internet connection. Any tips?

matt1234 09:36 04 Jun 04

update ur version 6.2
also cheack you firewall

trevpearson 19:44 04 Jun 04

Thanks for that Matt, but it is 6.2 that I am trying to run, and I've switched off my firewall while trying to connect with Messenger.

Andybear 21:16 04 Jun 04

I've got the same problem. It was fine when I was on dial-up but doesn't work now I've got broadband. I've spoken to a few friends and they all say the same thing. So it looks as if MSN Messenger doesn't like broadband connections, which is a bit of a pain.

BEVERLEY-256334 21:20 04 Jun 04

Iv'e not had any problems with msn 6.2 with blueyonder broadband and norton firewall.Maybe I'm just having some good luck for once.

obbit 21:25 04 Jun 04

MSN Messenger ok with my NTL BB.

obbit 21:29 04 Jun 04

which ISP are you using trevpearson?

Cuddles 22:41 04 Jun 04

I have no poblems with Blueyonder,MSN Messenger, and Sygate firewall.

trevpearson 07:16 05 Jun 04

I'm with Onetel. I've contacted them and they are stumped too. Ah well, I'll have to live without it.

matt1234 07:04 06 Jun 04

i run aol bb and i dont have a problem with it try unistaling and reinstaling it

also does IE work when your on the internet because messanger goes through it so if ie works its the program not your connection

Andybear 08:25 06 Jun 04

I've got the same problem as trevpearson.

I thought of uninstalling and reinstalling it. Unfortunately it isn't shown in 'Add/Remove Programmes' and it doesn't have an uninstall option.

IE works fine while I'm on the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…