MSN Messenger 7.0

Rhuddlan 23:00 03 Jan 05

Happy new year everyone.

Just wonderning if anyone has used the beta version of msn messenger 7.0 yet and if so what's your opinion of it??? And is it safe to download and install??? Does anyone know when the official version is released???

Kind regards, Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 23:15 03 Jan 05

I have downloaded it but hesitating about installing it. Anyone have any suggestions???

Strawballs 23:17 03 Jan 05

My daughter has installed and used it and said it is very good but has gone back to 6.2 because you can't use messenger plus with it yet.

ACOLYTE 23:48 03 Jan 05

I have it installed ,and there is a beta msn plus as well to go with it,i dont use plus to many funny things packed with it.But it a good improvement over 6.2,only trouble is you cant use all the bits unless both sides have the msn7.

pharte 23:50 03 Jan 05

I have got and am using the 7 beta version, no problems here and mine has the nudges and winks which work although I'm told they have been disabled in some cases. the strangest thing is that I have the handwriting option as well as the typing but my friend has not got that option, works well at his end though.....

Strawballs 23:58 03 Jan 05

Acolyte do you have a link for the plus that will go with the beta version because all that I can find on the Patchou site is the one that I already have that does not work with 7

ACOLYTE 00:14 04 Jan 05

click here

Bit down the thread.

Strawballs 00:18 04 Jan 05

Thanks

Rhuddlan 22:53 06 Jan 05

As much as I like the new version of messenger I can't always sign in, when I sign in through MSN Explorer, everything goes fine but when signing in through msn messenger, a message appears saying that my user name and/or password does not exsist or is incorrect, when I know it isn't. The reason I prefer to sign in through MSN Messenger is becuase I can set my status to what I want to before signing in, while I can't through MSN Explorer. Anyone have any ideas, also I have Zonealarm 5.5 and have had this version installed for weeks now and all of a sudden when any program tries to access the net, it pops a message up asking if access can be trusted or denied, but all programs that need to access the net on my computer have already been set to trusted in the program control centre in Zonealarm, what is going on??? Hope it's not a virus!!! HELP!!! Kind regards, Rhuddlan.

ACOLYTE 23:41 06 Jan 05

Za is probably asking because the MSN program has changed and ZA is just making sure you know,as for the signing in, i have never had a problem with it,but some people have i dont know why it only affects some and not all.

Rhuddlan 00:24 07 Jan 05

OK well at least MSN Messsenger is signing in fine for now. But I have a serious problem with ZA, after restarting the comp, in the program control list there are no programs listed, I used to have about 20 that where allowed to access the net, but now, everytime any program installed on my comp tried to access the net, even internet explorer or msn explorer, I get a message in the corner of the screen asking me if it's ok to access the net, and after allowing the program access to the net, it asks me again after a restart, I have windows xp home and ZA 5.5 with all updates for my OS and ZA. Can anyone help me with this annoyning problem???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…