msn messenger 6

livewire 12:33 29 Jul 03

my msn messenger 6 program closes down when i am trying to sign on. this is becomming frustrating does any one have any ideas?

Lozzy 12:42 29 Jul 03

do you still have msn 4.7 and/or msn 5 still installed?? If yes uninstall them.

livewire 13:07 29 Jul 03

How do i uninstall them? i know there is a way but i can't remember the command line

Jester2K II 13:09 29 Jul 03

Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs

Chegs ® 13:22 29 Jul 03

VoG
Sat, 26.07.03 | 17:44

If you actually want to remove Windows Messenger

Start, Run

Type the following line:

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Jester2K II 13:24 29 Jul 03

Chegs ® posting will completely remove Messenger and it maybe be difficult to reinstall Messenger after that.

Chegs ® - READ THE THREAD FIRST.

livewire 13:28 29 Jul 03

thanks guys i will get round to this presently. I'm going out now so i will post back here later. Thank-you for your help.

Jester2K II 13:30 29 Jul 03

Also do you have a Popup stopper running??

Chegs ® 13:34 29 Jul 03

It does say...."If you actually want to remove Windows Messenger " or alternatively,a trip across to another site(that I couldn't find the page for,it was in someone elses postings)offers numerous tweaks for XP including disable/remove Messenger,I had a similar prob,each time I signed in to Msn 6,I got booted straight back out as it said I was already signed in somewhere else,removed MSN 4.7 and had no further troubles.

livewire 13:36 29 Jul 03

Chegs that seems to be my problem right there

Jester2K II 13:37 29 Jul 03

Sorry but when i used that to remove Messenger from a clients PC (to stop their child using it) 3 months later they wanted it back on (because their child wanted to us it) i found that the only way to reinstall Messnger was a Windows Reinstall.

Having said that not really 100% sure that was due to using that command line - there were other issues.

Sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…