msn messenger

ponytail 16:09 08 Aug 10

How do I go about adding a new contact on MSN normally I just click on add new contact enter the email address and thats that just tried one and it says something about a network passport or password have got my friends email address he is online so what do I do

ponytail 19:01 08 Aug 10

the contact I am trying to message is listed in my contacts but when I run the cursor over her details it just says send email or log mobile does not say send instant message which is what it should do been on this now for about two hours got nowhere can anyone help.

rdave13 19:10 08 Aug 10

I don't think I can help as I only use Windows Live Messenger to read Windows Live Mail as a web mail service.
I'm puzzled to read that you use MSN messenger as I thought support for this stopped a while ago and is now WLM.

ponytail 19:24 08 Aug 10

sorry for the confusion this now refers to windows live messenger this person is listed as a contact on the L/H side but when I run the cursor over their details it just says send email or something about mobile phone does not say send instant message which what I get with all my other contacts any ideas

rdave13 19:26 08 Aug 10

I'll open wlm to see what happens with the few contacts I have. As I said I only use it for live mail as a web mail service.

rdave13 19:36 08 Aug 10

Just had a look and all the options are available, even the one to send an offline instant message.
Only thing I would try is to make sure the addy is correct, make a note of it, then delete it, close messenger and sign in again, and try adding it again.
Wonder if it's your contact that has blocked you?
I'm really not up to date with this messenger stuff so hopefully someone who uses the service regularly can chip in with a better response. I'm sorry I can't help further but at least your thread has been BUMPed.

ponytail 19:41 08 Aug 10

hi again rdave13
What you said about the address might ve valid it is down as hotmail.com but could be hotmail.co.uk how do I change it on my list of contacts

ponytail 19:43 08 Aug 10

just changed it still the same

rdave13 19:50 08 Aug 10

When you open wlm do you have the menu bar open?
On wlm there is an icon near top right that looks like a page with an arrow on it. Click on that and a dropdown menu opens. Now you can select 'show the menu bar', which I find is useful to have showing, or select 'contacts'. On the menu that opens you can select to edit or delete etc. your contacts. Hope this is useful for you.

rdave13 19:54 08 Aug 10

Try deleting it as I mentioned above. Sign off, sign back on and try to add it again. One thing to remember is if your contact has blocked you from messenger you won't be able to do much about it other than sending an email asking if you are blocked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017