MSN Messenger

NSBT 13:39 01 Dec 07

When I click on MSN messenger, it comes up with numerous email address for me to choose, depending on which one I want to use, how can I delete all those email address within the drop down menu.

I can delete the email addy showing, but somehow I cannot delete it from the drop down bar

TIA

SANTOS7 13:47 01 Dec 07

In Control Panel, select User Accounts, click on Change an Account, click on your login account, and then on the left click on Manage my network passwords. You should now be presented with a list of accounts, some of which are the accounts listed in the .NET login. And a Remove button.

NSBT 14:18 01 Dec 07

Hi SANT0S7

Thx for that, but I'm having difficulty locating control panel, is it within show menu?

Clapton is God 14:54 01 Dec 07

"but I'm having difficulty locating control panel, is it within show menu?"

What OS are you using?

NSBT 14:58 01 Dec 07

windows XP

Clapton is God 15:02 01 Dec 07

Then click on Start and Control Panel should be one of the options on the large menu option box which pops up from the bottom left.

Or go to My Computer and Control Panel should be shown in 'Other Places'.

NSBT 15:27 01 Dec 07

OK, I got as far as "manage user accout" when I clicked on it, a new box came up "stored user names and passwords" but that box is blank

SANTOS7 15:34 01 Dec 07

try this

Remove/Add Items from remembered list in Messenger login

When you sign in to Messenger, it remembers every email address / .net passport that you signed in under. To remove an item from the list of remembered names:

1. In Start menu select Run
2. enter: "control userpasswords2"
3. Go to Advanced tab
4. Select Manage Passwords Button
5. Add or Remove items at will

NSBT 15:42 01 Dec 07

Hi Sant07

OK, thx, and I'm sorry if I'm testing your patience.

I've followed your instructions and it took me back to that "stored user names and passwords"

Again it's blank

SANTOS7 15:56 01 Dec 07

and I'm sorry if I'm testing your patience. Not in the slightest NSBT, not being able to see your desktop and whats going on we sometimes have to go through processes of ellimination, i will keep looking for you, i am glad to help...

SANTOS7 15:59 01 Dec 07

click here

follow steps in link, failing that uninstall and reinstall messenger may be the way to go...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced