msn messenger

mart 11:49 28 Mar 05

my daughters use msn instant messenger, but even when they're not signed in to it, other contacts can see they're online and send instant messages, any ideas how to change it?

mattyc_92 11:52 28 Mar 05

You need to remove Windows Messenger, which, MS decided you can't remove... However a quick google search later, and you will see that there are little applications to disable/remove it, and then this problem no longer exists...

jbp1982 12:12 28 Mar 05

Which OS? you can't take it off the system completely. If it's XP then control panel, add/remove then on the left add/remove windows components.

Of if you just want not to recieve your daughters messages log out from the icon on the system tray.

mattyc_92 12:15 28 Mar 05

Yeas, you can do that, but there will still parts of the component on the system (normally the actual program) As I said, MS hasn't designed Messenger to be removed... So just do a google search and download one of the free apps to remove it conpletely.... MSN Messenger wont be effected, so you don't need to re-install it...

jbp1982 12:29 28 Mar 05

Sorry, I didn't mean to counteract what you are saying. Either way I think, that he just does not want to recieve his daughters' messages.

All he needs to do is log out, and make sure the box is not checked where the daughter is automatically logged in when the PC is booted.

From what I read on Microsoft, it cost them a fortune cos they wouldn't completely remove MSN messenger.

p;3 23:41 28 Mar 05

how is this getting on? I am following it as I , quite honestly, do not understand what is happening for you and am going to try a test on my own machine with my own contact later( I have started my own thread on an associated topic)

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 00:05 29 Mar 05

im a bit confused as well, if there not signed in how can they be online?? or recieve messages??

are we talkin MSN mesenger OR windows messenger [the one with the messages from girls pretending they know you scam]

jbp1982 00:08 29 Mar 05

"Mountain out of a mole hill, me thinks"

click here

But of course I could be wrong.....

Strawballs 00:09 29 Mar 05

If you want to remove windows messenger go to control panel> add remove programs> add remove windows components then uncheck windows messenger.

mart 04:21 29 Mar 05

thanks, have removed windows messenger and the msn problem appears to be cured now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…