MSN Messenger

maz2 01:06 12 Sep 04

I tried to have a voice conversation with a friend tonight but it wouldn't work, is it something to do with me having XP and her having Windows 98 or would it be to do with the firewalls, it used to work when we both had 98 but we havent used it for a while. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks

User-312386 02:37 12 Sep 04

you must both have the same type of messenger, there is windows messenger and MSN mesenger6.2 click here

ensure your friend and you both have messenger 6.2

cdb 08:57 12 Sep 04

Another thing to note, sometimes when you go to use the audio feature, you'll find that your microphone appears not to be working. You need to go into the audio tuning wizard to set it back to the correct microphone. It does it to me regularly :-s

maz2 14:30 12 Sep 04

Thanks for that I wasn't sure what was going on I'll let her know to update it I have just done mine Cheers

maz2 22:29 12 Sep 04

I downloaded the new version of messenger so now I have it installed twice on my PC I'm running XP and one version comes on when I'm using Outlook Express and the other version is a separate programme, is there any way I can get rid of the version that comes up with the OE Cheers

VoG II 22:32 12 Sep 04

Start, Run, type or paste in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.

maz2 22:47 12 Sep 04

Nice one thanks very much

Strawballs 22:59 12 Sep 04

Madboy33 was correct you need msn not windows messenger for voice or webcam to work anyway msn is far more versitile.

cdb 15:26 13 Sep 04

When I installed 6.2 I made sure msn explorer and the old 4.7 messenger were both turned off, signed out and exited. 6.2 installed ok and 4.7 has never been seen since.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…