MSN Messenger

ordep 17:46 02 Nov 03

I've got v6 (WinXP home)and up till now it's been working fine. But today I get a pop up telling me that I'm behind a firewall that does not allow direct access to the internet. Also that IE proxy settings are either missing or incorrect. I know there was an issue about this with AOL, but I'm with Zen.

Fateful Shadow 18:13 02 Nov 03

These things usually occur with me too, and I use virgin. If you disconnect then reconnect and try again it should be ok.

Also, straying from the question, Messenger 6.1 has been released. Go to to get it.

Hope this helps :)

cdb 18:33 02 Nov 03

Is that a windows pop up, or some dodgy site trying to get you to turn your firewall for their benefit?
If it's windows messenger service (I think, grey pop up box in the centre of the scren) I'd ignore it and turn windows messenger off.
Has your access to the internet gone or not?

ordep 18:46 02 Nov 03

Thanks for your prompt replies chaps. I've rebooted and checked the Zone Alarm pop-up to accept MSN Messenger, and all seems to be working again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…