MSN Messenger

vandana 17:49 26 Sep 03

Hi!

I've just got a new laptop which came with Msn Messenger already on it (usual for Microsoft). But I've found that it keeps logging in for me every single time I go online, which is really annoying!

Even if I sign out, it logs me back in... I've changed the options to make it not automatically startup when I turn on the machine, but it somehow still logs on in the background!

I also tried removing it from the Windows components area in the Add/Remove Programs panel... still to no effect as its still there!

Does anyone know how I can get rid of it completely, as I've now downloaded MSN 6 (the latest one) and don't even need the older one anymore!

Thanx!

Vandana

vandana 17:51 26 Sep 03

and another thing I forgot to mention...

... When I try and exit the old MSN, it keeps telling me it can't as there is another program running that requires it to be open (such as Outlook, or Internet Explorer) but I know that I DON'T have anything linked to it running!!

Cheerz again!

From a frustrated Vandana!

VoG II 17:54 26 Sep 03

If you mean you want to get rid of WINDOWS Messenger:

Start, Run and type or paste in

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.

vandana 17:59 26 Sep 03

SOrry thats what I meant! I'll try that now.. cheerz!

vandana 18:05 26 Sep 03

Thanx a million! Its gone!

Vandana

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…