MSN Messenger

Hofnar 15:43 13 Sep 03

Can someone help me with a problem we are having with Messenger. We both have a Philips Tu webcam. We can connect OK. Video is fine, but we can?t get the sound to work. Testing the microphones and speakers everything is OK. Windows XP is installed on both PCs. We have the latest updates for the webcam installed. But still no sound from the microphone. We tried the game of draughts and the sound is OK on both PCs. We have been trying for months to solve this problem. Anyone PLEASE! It?s driving us crazy.

hugh-265156 16:03 13 Sep 03
  hugh-265156 16:04 13 Sep 03

oops! click here

ribo 16:11 13 Sep 03

Perhaps a very silly question, but are you clicking "start a video conference" in the actions tab. J

Hofnar 14:18 14 Sep 03

I'm using MSN Messenger. I've tried all the possibillities . Nothing work on the sound. Tried Windows Messenger too. No better.

Hofnar 14:21 14 Sep 03

Yes I've tried ALL the settings. The video is fine although very slow, but we can't get any sound via the microphone.

Mankster 15:02 14 Sep 03

Had same problems as you so changed over to eyeball, very good no problems at all,also works alongside MSN and similar,try its also free....click here

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:05 14 Sep 03

Can u not start netmeeting through msn?,that what i do, have no probs.Nedd to do wizard for it first tho.

Socalled 15:22 14 Sep 03

Thanks Mankster, good one.

Lozzy 15:23 14 Sep 03

click here and use this its brilliant and free plus it also works with msn Yahoo and aol. Works a treat with the Phillips web Cam at 60fps.. Forget msn V6 till they get there act together.

WaiKent 15:26 14 Sep 03

does any of that help? if not then try going into the sound settings and unmuting the microphone, that may be the problem. as it is hidden, go to advanced and select microphone in the output tab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…