MSN Messenger

Fatbelly 20:49 06 Sep 03

I have been offline for 3 weeks due to having a new motherboard fitted.

I got the PC back today and I have been trying to log on to MSN messenger ( version 6.0 ) all day but it won't log me on.
It acts like there is no internet connection
I run Win Xp Home.
Has anyone any ideas????????
I run AVG Anti Virus which I updated today.
I am on NTL B/B

Fatbelly 21:02 06 Sep 03

I have also just tried running Windows Update, but it says
"The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the server it resides on does not respond. Please try again later"
Whist I have been oof ine these 3 weeks has something happened to M$

Fatbelly 21:19 06 Sep 03

Can any one help me???????????

sdf 21:22 06 Sep 03

this may or may not be the problem but i am on NTL BB also, apparantly NTL have been having ongoing trouble with many of thier inter-conects resulting in a number of web pages not being able to be accessed, and as such one could assume it might also have an effect on messenger? just an idea

Fatbelly 21:31 06 Sep 03

SDF

Do you have MSN messenger? if so will it let you log on

sdf 21:38 06 Sep 03

does now - it wouldnt earlier today - t'was just an idea

irfan 22:56 06 Sep 03

i think on startup everything does load properly, so got star, run, and enter msconfig, then click selective startup and restart your machine. see i that works

peterleay 00:01 07 Sep 03

I had NTL 150k B/band installed last Tuesday and haven't been able to access MSN or its web site since. I get message there may be a prob with server etc etc. I phoned NTL yesterday [3 days after installation]who told me they had just learnt there was a problem with their server & expected it to be fixed by 3pm yesterday. Still nothing! But I have 3 friends on NTL & they can connect ok!
This doesn't solve your problem - but just thought I'd share my frustration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…