msn messanger 6 not working outlook express 6

ntlman 09:23 15 Sep 03

help I have windows xp pro and I have just updated the messanger to messanger 6.
The old version still runs when I open outlook express 6. does anybody no how to make it run men messanger 6

spikeychris 11:32 15 Sep 03

Open MSN Messenger 6 from the programs menu and On the Tools menu, click Options.
On the General tab, select the Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows check box.

ntlman 11:44 15 Sep 03

yea already done that

spikeychris 12:57 15 Sep 03

Have to say, I don't use it. Is the older version in add/remove progs? if so have to tried removing it?

Chris

ntlman 13:05 15 Sep 03

no it's not in the add and remove programs so I can't even remove it which is annoying

spikeychris 13:19 15 Sep 03

Do you still have the installation files/folder of MSN6?

isca2 13:27 15 Sep 03

I had similar problem. Had to manually remove the old folder including Messenger 4.7 and all its bits etc. Then all was OK.

Audeal 13:49 15 Sep 03

Uninstall MSN Messenger4 from XP:

I do not know if this will work with other versions of Messenger but it is worth a try.

Go to start > Run > and type in
"rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove" without the quotes and press Return.

spikeychris 13:50 15 Sep 03

Logging off but try this >>

You might want to try to remove the previous for the latter to work.

Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs - Add/Remove Windows Components and untick "Windows Messenger" and restart
If you get an error message ignore it.

Then

Start, Run and enter the following command:
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

ntlman 14:03 15 Sep 03

I think I might have to put up with it, it's a minor bug, but hy that what microsoft does best. lol @ win xp pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now