MSN Live problems.

splatter 22:15 04 Jul 06

Hi everybody how are you?

I recently reinstalled windows and one of the thing I first got was MSN Messenger. Or live messenger as it is now known. I did have the BETA version before the re-install, and it worked 'quite well', but since installing the final version from the messenger website (click here) I have had 3 very niggly problems. First of all, I cannot see any custom emoticons that people send. I can see my own that I have created and I can add the emoticons that people send (though I cant see them).

Secondly I cannot see peoples display pics, though I can see my own, and they can see mine.

Thirdly, in my contact list the little 'tag line' does not update. I have confirmed all of these problems with most of my contacts but have now idea what the problem is.

Various people around the net have suggested things like clearing the IE cache etc but all to no avail.

Any help is, as always, appreciated,
Jay

p.s. I found a version of MSN 7.5 on disk and installed that and everything was fine.

anskyber 22:46 04 Jul 06

Yep, thats why I have dumped it and now only use Skype.

splatter 20:57 05 Jul 06

I hate to do this but: *bump*

rdave13 23:41 05 Jul 06

Try uninstalling ( right click on messenger icon in sys tray and click exit first!) Reboot and then reinstall.

splatter 13:58 06 Jul 06

tried that numerous times. I have even re-downloaded the installer from the messengr website, just incase it was corrupted.

isca2 14:07 06 Jul 06

One method I have used in the past to uninstall Messenger is to enter the following in the "Run" command box...

Rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove then click on OK

splatter 14:37 06 Jul 06

and re-installed messenger to no avail!

Does anybody have any idea as to what could actually be causing these problems??

splatter 20:59 06 Jul 06

hi guys. Dont know what I done, but its all just started working! How weird is that!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now