MSN Interception - how to stop??

Raywood 11:49 18 Jul 04

How can I stop MSN un-nescessarily diverting my web access. I have a V21 internet connection, but when I type in www[dot]pcadvisor[dot]co[dot]uk, ([dot]=.) for example. MSN tells me it doesn't exist, but I could try: www[dot]pcadvisor[dot]co[dot]uk (or the web address of another website.) how do I stop this MSN pest??

andrew-196854 17:43 18 Jul 04

this may sound silly but have you changed your home page to msn go tools internet options delete the address in there and put what you want in does this help or is it something else

Diodorus Siculus 17:59 18 Jul 04

MSM tries to be helpful and suggests the site you may want if the one you typed in does not exist.

It can be told not to, but I cannot find the tweak at the moment; if I do, I will post it.

Raywood 11:36 19 Jul 04

My set homepage is uk.altavista.com. It just gets annoying that it suggests exactly the same address that I originally typed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…