MSN Hotmail - My Contacts

Stirkius 21:58 15 Feb 04

This problem is driving me nuts !!!!!
I want to delete a person from my contacts list and I cannot get them to disappear....
I logon to Hotmail...click contacts on top tab (this shows me a list of people i have as contacts ....I put a tick in the box next to name I want to delete and click delete whereupon a "web dialoge box " box appears with a warning triangle and a blank box....
My other atempt was as successful.....click on options top right of email page..then on contacts tab on left...favourites contacts list field (which brings up two boxes entitled "My Contacts" and Favourite Contacts".....the favourite one behaves itself and allows me to remove the name I want but the My contacts does not...i highlight the name and click on remove and it says "please selsct a contact from the list first" ....but what list is this......argggggggggggg ....help please save my sanity !!!!

Any ideas all you boffins in Computer CyberLand ??

johnnyrocker 22:04 15 Feb 04

have you tried contacts and then clicked on favourites/edit favourites in the top left corner? it brings up a box which allows you to remove at will,

johnny.

Stirkius 11:02 16 Feb 04

Hello
Thanks for the answer
I think what you are describing is perfectly correct to get rid of a name shown in "favourites" contact list....this has not been a problem
What I realy want to do is delete the name fom the "MY CONTACTS" box on the left hand side which I am still stuck with....

johnnyrocker 11:03 16 Feb 04

it also comes up with the contacts list and enables you to do the same with contacts. try it

johnny

johnnyrocker 11:14 16 Feb 04

oops, the correct wat to do it is list contacts put a tick next to undesired and click delete in the toolbar at the top, worked first time on mine.

johnny.

Stirkius 11:15 16 Feb 04

I take it you are online as we speak....what a coincidence !!

Tried as you suggest clicking on the column headed
Contacts (with a gold star) favorites, edit favorites, selecting the mane i want to delete fro my contacts box but it keeps bringing up a blank white box saying with no writing with three choices at bottom cancel - more info - sign up now

What a moment - a script error box has just appeared (not seen one of these b4)and in it says are you sure you want to delete.....looks as tho my msn hotmail may be corrupted....any ideas where to go from here ?

johnnyrocker 11:21 16 Feb 04

uninstall reinstall? run a virus check plus spy bot and adaware first.

johnnny.

Stirkius 11:23 16 Feb 04

Yes that may be the outcome...next question is what do I uninstall and where do I get hotmail from ....I thought it cam as a package ....

Sorry to be a pain....

johnnyrocker 11:27 16 Feb 04

no prob, try add remove programs in control panel? then go to msn home page and d/load another version.

good luck

johnny.

Stirkius 11:29 16 Feb 04

will do - watch this space !!

Stirkius 22:42 16 Feb 04

What a mightmare .....
Have deleted as suggested....msn version is now 6.1 which my machine does not like....keeps saying it does not recognise me....finally downloaded again from my XP Disc...am on version 4.7 but hey it works and im not willing to spend any more time on this poorly supported/difficult software.....
and yes i still got the problem where i cannot delete people from MY CONTACTS....but what the hell life is too short to worry !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…