MSN Hotmail

CMC 42 16:50 23 Sep 05

Please help: This is for a friend.

He knows that this was working at college but when he tries to login to it at home he gets this message: -

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Quick replies would be appreciated, I'm talking to him over MSN messenger.

sinbad1 17:01 23 Sep 05

open messemger cloick on help and select service status to see if there is a problem with msn

CMC 42 17:05 23 Sep 05

what? Thanks for that - but I'd already said it was working at college and it's not MSN itself thats got a problem it's the hotmail.

VoG II 17:07 23 Sep 05
  sinbad1 17:09 23 Sep 05

sometimes other computers work while there may be problems with others. what version of messenger does he have

CMC 42 17:11 23 Sep 05

It says
Network Status -
MSN Hotmail

All systems go. There are no issues at this time.

What difference would it make what version of messenger he's got? there's nothing wrong with messenger, we've just been talking over it.

pj123 17:54 23 Sep 05

Does this thread help:

click here

CMC 42 17:59 23 Sep 05

I did look at that thread earlier. Here's what my friend actually said: -

It wasnt working on my PC this morning, and ahsnt throughout the day, apparently.
Though I coukld log on from college computers
And hotmail is working for other people

Rogerfredo 19:06 23 Sep 05

Have you got a Firewall and if so is it configured to allow access to Hotmail?

originalmiscellany 19:15 23 Sep 05

we have a filter which gives the same message to people accessing hotmail - great to keep the kids off, but not so when I want to check my mails in my frees!

I think the technicians have blocked hotmail website.

CMC 42 20:43 23 Sep 05

The hotmail was actually working at his college.
The other thread was a help in the end - turns out he has NTL which was causing problems for others.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…