MSN e-mail envelope in Taskbar

Abel 11:30 09 Mar 07

I mentioned in another thread, that due to hand surgery I was now having to use my left hand to control the mouse instead of my right. The problem is, I'm screwing up all sorts of things but in the main managing to put them right. However, the little MSN envelope which appears in the taskbar when an e-mail is received has gone missing and I can't find a way of getting it back. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Abel

rawprawn 11:41 09 Mar 07

Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?

Abel 11:48 09 Mar 07

rawprawn, I'm using Outlook Express.

Abel

rawprawn 11:58 09 Mar 07

Sorry I use Outlook and "Show Envelope" is in advanced email options, and I can't see something similar in OE.

terryf 12:35 09 Mar 07
  terryf 12:37 09 Mar 07

Sorry my link does not provide a solution, after reading it, I realize that you are not alone with your problem :-)

rawprawn 13:50 09 Mar 07

Try this.
you have to have OE open and running to get the icon on the taskbar when you get new mail....., right click "Start">properties>taskbar tab>..press the "customize" button in the notification area>hightlight "You have new e-mail"...you will then have 3 choices in the "Behavior" column...Hope that helps...

But try this first.

After so long - some icons hide themselves. YOu can right click on this area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from there, you can uncheck "hide inactive icons" if you want. Or click on "customise" and select only the email notification to not be hidden.

Abel 14:20 09 Mar 07

rawprawn, problem solved! Many thanks for your tenacity in finding the answer.
I had already looked at the option of right clicking a clear space on the system tray, but when I looked at the three options for 'You have new e-mail' I chose 'Hide when inactive' instead of 'Always show'

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017