MSN Customer Verification e-mail

hugh-265156 01:57 06 Mar 05

Hi folks. I have a had and used a free hotmail account with an @ msn address for about two years now and I and received this e-mail from 'support@ msn.net' a few days ago click here

Feeling brave :-) I clicked the link in the e-mail and this opened a page asking for my name address and credit/debit card information that I used to sign up with. The page address was not HTTPS: (as below) so I went no further. Now, when I click on the link today in the e-mail I find the page cannot be displayed.

The link in the e-mail above 'update information' is: 'http:/ /click here @msn.com' (sorry I don't have a screenshot for this page)

I have sent an e-mail to MSN support asking if they sent this e-mail to me but have yet to get a reply?

Does this seem genuine enough to you? Why should MSN need my credit or debit card information now when I have never gave them this information before? It's a free account and I only signed up with my .net passport as far as I can remember. Name, address and location was all I remember filling in to sign up for a .net passport?

Have I lost the plot somewhere? Sorry if I'm being a bit to cautious.

Ta.

hugh-265156 02:04 06 Mar 05

Sorry the update information address turned into a click here. tried hard not to do this DOH!

Meshuga 08:28 06 Mar 05

huggyg71, Do NOT give the details asked for. This is obviously a scam. Repeat, Ignore it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…