MSN crashes & possible virus

dm77 20:41 30 Oct 07

When I'm chatting on MSN, the chat window sometimes freezes & disappears. I cannot log back onto that contact (on the contact list), & have to log out of MSN, and relog in to chat again.

At the same time, the person I'm chatting to receives an "image" file, (which I haven't sent), or, they receive a chat message (which I haven't typed).

This has happened on more than one occasion, chatting to different people.

My antivirus is also picking up a few threats/trojans.

Any advice on what this may be, or how to sort it out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

birdface 20:54 30 Oct 07

Time to run all your Spyware and Anti-Virus programs.In safe mode if possible.If they find anything and delete it, When finished run C Cleaner.Then reboot your computer.Run your Spyware and Anti-Virus programs again and see if it is all clear.

birdface 16:56 31 Oct 07

If you have ran all your security programs and found nothing,The next step would be to delete Messenger Plus if you have it.And then delete Msn messenger. Run c cleaner and re-install Msn, or windows messenger ,Whatever.And only install Messenger Plus if you can download it without the crap that come's with it.

dm77 20:06 31 Oct 07

Thanks

I'll get on & follow that advice

p;3 17:22 15 Nov 07

as this was on page 26 of the forum may we assume you have run all your scans, followed the advise suggested and are now clean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009