Msn Blocker

Vin Petrol 15:46 16 Dec 05

I was in a msn convosation and i clicked on the "MSN Block Checker"...ooops!!. Ive had it a while now, and my comp is so slow, its now got to the point where im waiting for nearly 5mins just to get on line even with broadband!!.

Ive tried removing the program but its still coming up in msn convosations. Anybody on here that can help me out please.

Thanks, Martin

johnnyrocker 15:50 16 Dec 05

have you run antispyware/virus?

Vin Petrol 15:52 16 Dec 05

i have got the ad aware programme, it now takes me ages to run this, but it always picks up at least 9 bugs everyday!!

johnnyrocker 15:59 16 Dec 05

get spybot and spywareblaster if you dont have already, click here

Vin Petrol 16:11 16 Dec 05

just downloaded XOFTSPY!!! that the one?

VoG II 16:15 16 Dec 05
  flimbo 16:32 16 Dec 05

Vin Petrol 16:39 16 Dec 05

nothin happens when i click on it, no blocker is counting or out, just clicks but no page opens!! :(

What you laughing at Flimbo?

Vin Petrol 13:34 18 Dec 05

Right,ive progressed a little!! Ive downloaded the spy bot, done the check,deleted a number of items and then gone to msn. Opened up a window and guess what......its not deleted it!!! grrrr

Any ideas what to do now?

Nellie2 15:31 18 Dec 05

blockchecker is crapware... but luckily there is a little something that Atribune made that can help you out.

Please download Blockrem © Atribune from click here
Unzip it to its own folder on your desktop.

Boot your computer to safe mode by rebooting and tapping the F8 button repeatedly until it brings up a boot menu.

From that menu, select Safe Mode by using the arrow keys to highlight it then pressing enter.
Once in safe mode open the Blockrem folder on your desktop and double-click
blockrem.bat (this is the file with the gear icon) to run it.

Once it is running please follow the onscreen instructions.
Reboot back into normal mode.

If you are still having problems after that then I suggest you go click here and post a hijack log in the malware removal forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…