MSN bing

Thereferee21 14:30 07 Nov 09

How do i get rid of this and get Google back as my default browser

User-1229748 14:32 07 Nov 09

if internet explorer 8 go to tools - internet options-search and then enable google.

Condom 14:42 07 Nov 09

Also, if you have Windows Live Toolbar, remove that and you will also get rid of the second Bing search box.

It has also been reported in a few places, and also happened to me, that when changing from Bing back to Google as your default, next time you fire up IE8 your default page has changed to another search engine who's name escapes me at the moment. Googling this page you find this is apparently quite common and whether the change has anything to do with it or not is anybodies guess. It only seems to happen once.

Thereferee21 14:52 07 Nov 09

It is a newer version of I E what do i do now

Condom 15:12 07 Nov 09

I'm assuming you are on IE8 which is the latest version of IE. If your current search engine is Bing there is a litle magnifying glass and a downward pointing arrow to the right of this. Click this arrow and then "Find More providers". On this new page scroll down until you see Google and then add Google to your search options by ticking the box. Once Google is added you can then set it as your default

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Portable power and versatile design let down by expensive accessories and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best design TV series, films & documentaries

iPhone 7 Plus vs Sony Xperia XZ Premium comparison preview: Superb camera gives Sony the edge - on…