MSMPENG.EXE

Goonhavern Blue 11:57 03 May 06

I have this file showing up in my processes window, when I look at task manager.

My Hard Drive has been crazy and up to 100% of it's capacity has been used on this exe file.

When its going, it stops other programmes from opening/closing, I guess due to lack of resources.

Can anyone tell me what it is, do I need it? and how do I get rid of it, if I shouldn't have it.

Thanks

Derek

Totally-braindead 11:59 03 May 06

I did a google search and its Windows Defender thats causing it.

Diodorus Siculus 12:00 03 May 06

MSMPENG.EXE - Google Search
click here

Google references it to windows defender. Do you have the latest version installed.

Totally-braindead 12:01 03 May 06

click here also look here click here

Goonhavern Blue 20:27 03 May 06

Thanks Everyone,

Teach me to install a beta version, will uninstall and reinstall MS previous version.

That worked well.

Derek

dogbreath1 07:46 04 May 06

I had a similar problem on only one out of four XP machines that I use. Couldn't find out why...so I decided to uninstall WD until it's fit to be unleashed on the general public. I couldn't find a replacement (free) realtime anspyware (except SpywareGuard which I previously lost confidence in) so I bought SpywareDoctor from PCTools...very good.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…