//some 3rd party need geo

msm messenger why do people see me

jonboy 00:12 08 Dec 04

hi i have msm messenger and even though i am not signed in people still c me as on and can im me through windows messenger (i think) how can i disable it please

Forum Editor 00:18 08 Dec 04

via MS Messenger nobody can 'see'you.

woofwoofbark 00:19 08 Dec 04

I know in msn messenger that you can go to tools/options/general and untick 'Automatically run Messenger when I log onto windows' ... open Windows messenger to see if it is ticked and if so untick

hope this helps

cheers

geo

jonboy 00:20 08 Dec 04

yeh but they do lol i am not signed into it and my mates im me it pops up at the bottom of the screen

woofwoofbark 00:21 08 Dec 04

Open main messenger window when messenger starts

and

Allow automatic sign in when connected to the internet

if the 3 boxes are ticked then untick

try that , good luck

cheers

geo

PSF 00:21 08 Dec 04

Windows messenger starts with outlook, turn off 'Run messenger in the bakground' in the tools>>>messenger section.

Lasse 05:00 08 Dec 04

why can you not write in clear english so everybody understands your question

Forum Editor 07:00 08 Dec 04

because you cannot be seen if you aren't signed in - as I said before.

Don't use swear words in the forum - I've deleted your last post.

simonp1 08:25 08 Dec 04

I think PSF is right. I had a simular problem and by doing what PSF suddgested all was resolved

bruno 14:52 08 Dec 04

I ,too,get messages that "so and so has signed in"even though I am not signed into IM.It does not mean they can see you,just that they have signed in.If you are not signed in your icon on their screen will show RED not the GREEN colour that indicates you are online.If you sign in you can then tell whichever of your "buddies" is online and can contact them.

jonboy 18:38 08 Dec 04

yeh did as above and still happens sorry about this but it is net messenger not windows i get the im's from and when i sign into msn it say's you have signed out of net messenger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…