Msimn error in MSOE

poprob 15:46 11 Mar 03

Hello all, I can't open O/Express it go's straight to check messages downloads them from each adress the shuts down and I can't get to the messages,then the message comes up"Msimn has caused an error in MSOE"anyone help please I have ME

MAJ 15:55 11 Mar 03

Although this link is for Win 98 , 95, try out the solution. click here

poprob 16:04 11 Mar 03

Thanks MAJ I'll give it a try

woodchip 16:10 11 Mar 03

Save your E-Mail in Windows\Application Data\Identities then remove Outlook Express from Add/Remove or windows setup in Add/Remove and reinstall from a CD

poprob 16:11 11 Mar 03

It didn't work,still the same but worth a try thanks

poprob 16:17 11 Mar 03

Thanks Woodchip I'll give it a go

xtreme_computing 16:21 11 Mar 03

as long as you don't click on the error box. you should be able to read the messages and file them.

poprob 16:25 11 Mar 03

o/ is not listed in add/remove I/E is

MAJ 16:30 11 Mar 03

OE is part of IE. If you click to remove IE you should get three options, one of which is Repair, choose the repair option to fix the OE installation.

Wak 16:33 11 Mar 03

Another suggestion for what it's worth.
It sounds as if you have both the "Send and receive at startup" and "Hang up after sending" boxes ticked in Options General tab and Connection tab thus not giving you the opportunity to get into OE.
If you disconnected your Internet connection lead then OE wouldn't be able to download or try to send your E-mails and you may be able to get into OPTIONS and untick the boxes mentioned above.

poprob 16:42 11 Mar 03

MAj I tried that when I first had a problem and it didn't work,Wak I'll give it a go after I restore to an earlier date and go from there,extreme_computing I'm not that clever but thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now