MSIMG32DLL damaged

mco 11:59 16 Jan 05

Hi - I've got a message each time I've logged on today that 'one of the library files needed to run this application is damaged' I've googled it and there are sites you can download whatever it is for free. My question is (not being a techie!) what's wrong? Is it safe to download it? Where's the safest place? Thanks! I'm running Win 98 SE

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 16 Jan 05

File has become corrupted safe to download from

click here

mco 12:09 16 Jan 05

Thanks - it says I need unzip software - which I don't think I have. Do I have to buy it or is there another way?

Markdym 12:12 16 Jan 05

You need to either download a trial of WinZip click here this program will unzip (uncompress) the files to a folder of your choice.

pj123 13:40 16 Jan 05

Download PowerDesk 5 from the PCA download page

click here

Install it and use it instead of Windows Explorer. It is far superior. It has a zip and unzip capability built in, which is in Archive menu.

mco 14:18 16 Jan 05

sorry to be dim but..(not used to zip files) I downloaded winzip, then downloaded the file from fruitbat's original link - winzip came up and opened it - and er - so what do I do now? I still have the message when I try to go on msn messenger (which it would appear is where the problem is)

VoG II 14:22 16 Jan 05

Extract it to C:\windows\system

mco 14:32 16 Jan 05

I've found it in C:/unzipped. What do I do next? BTW presumably I already have this msimg file somewhere if it's been damaged? So will I need to delete the original one?

mco 15:06 16 Jan 05

Right - I unzipped it again, this time getting it to be saved into C:\windows\system. But I still have the same message.So what have I not done yet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…