msiexec illegal operation

Melrosey 19:25 03 Jan 03
  Melrosey 19:25 03 Jan 03

I reformatted my harddrive recently and I have tried to load my Greeting Card Factory cd and every time the install shield starts up I get the illegal operation message. I'm running windows 98se and this programme worked perfectly before. Any help would be appreciated.

powerless 19:27 03 Jan 03

Go to windows update and let it update.

Your installer version is an old one. So the message pops up...

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:42 03 Jan 03

click here and d/l the installer as you may have a corrupted one on your computer. This problem can also be caused by a virus although this would be unlikely but you may care to look here and follow the instructions..click here although my money is on a new installer.

G

Melrosey 21:15 03 Jan 03

I have tried to download the installer as you suggested but when it tried to load it I got the same message. I then tried the other option but that didn't work either. I was previously using AVG antivirus but I hadn't downloaded it again so I tried to do that but it won't install, says there is a problem with winzip

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…