MSI6340.. which graphics card ??

rdh660 23:58 04 Feb 04

I have just been given an old MSI 6340 motherboard
without a graphics card. I have downloaded the manual from the site which says it is AGP specification AGP2.0 1x/2x/4x

However the AGP slot seems very short and is not split into sections as most slots I have seen. It certainly would not take any graphics card I have come across.... all too large to go into slot.

I would like to try to build a basic workstation using the board and was hoping to get hold of an older graphics card. Can anybody tell me what card would fit this board.

Gongoozler 11:23 05 Feb 04

Hi rdh1, for all but the most ardent games player, I think you can't beat the GF2 MX400 chipset. This is AGP 4x compatible, and available at only £23 +vat from Dabs click here.

Gongoozler 11:50 05 Feb 04

Hi again rdh1. I think you will find the InnoVision I-400-E2E1VH that Dabs market as the DabsValue GeForce 2 MX 400 will fit your AGP slot ok. Pre AGP 8x slots often didn't have any dividers. Then with AGP 8x, an additional divider was added to prevent non 1.5V video cards being fitted in the motherboard click here

rdh660 15:17 05 Feb 04

Thanks Gongoozler

Sorry I'm a bit late replying but have been away from the computer till now. Your information made it clear why this board has a non divided AGP slot and I think I will go for the Innovision card you suggest
regard and thanks to all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…