The MSI must be launched through setup

woofwoofbark 19:02 15 Nov 05

I get a popup at startup while the icons in the taskbar are loading , it says "The MSI must be launched at setup" this is followed with another popup which has a ! inside a yellow triangle next to the word 'setup' .... I click on the ok and it reappeares twicw more then it dissapears .....

what could it be and where did it come from

any ideas ??

cheers

geo

VoG II 19:11 15 Nov 05

MSI is the Windows installer.

Why it is trying to run at startup is a bit puzzling.

Start, Run, type

msconfig

and click OK. Look for any unusual entries on the Startup tab.

This error message is common when trying to install Norton products.

woofwoofbark 19:24 15 Nov 05

I am using BT Yahoo broadband online protection , they have eTrust Antivirus and Zone Alarm firewall , you say the installer is to do with Norton , I was trying thier trial NIS for a week or so till I downloaded the Online protection from BT ... I uninstalled Norton and scrubbed it through Registry First Aid , its only since then that this MSI installer has shown up !!!!!

what can be done , any suggestions or comments much appreciated !!!

cheers

geo

woofwoofbark 19:25 15 Nov 05

just the regular programs ticked ... nothing in there about nortons or the MSI installer

cheers

geo

woofwoofbark 19:26 15 Nov 05

looked through everything at startup RUN RUNONCE ect nothing out of the ordinary

cheers

geo

VoG II 19:28 15 Nov 05

Run click here= to make sure that you have got rid of the last traces of Norton.

woofwoofbark 19:42 15 Nov 05

I have checked the link and followed the instructions , all is well again

very much appreciated !!

cheers

geo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…