MSI MS-6340 Rev v1 using a Asus MX420 AGP card

Giggle n' Bits 01:04 25 Apr 04

trying to help a friend who has a pc with a Microstar 6340 Rev1.0 M/board which has Intergrated VGA and hes bought a Asus GF4 MX420 V8170 Magic 64DDR AGP x2/x4 card.

Problem it very rarely boots up and the screen just stays black, there is no access to any setting and even removing the card the intergrted VGA onboard still no boot. out of trying over 3 days its only booted once.

Tried clearing the CMOS makes no difference. Does this sound like a damaged M/board.
I have found out the MS6340 M/board is a 3.3v wonder if the AGP card is not compatible and damaged the motherboard.

Driving me and my mate a bit mad especially looking at a blank screen, the monitor just goes into Standby. Yes monitor is fine, checked it.

harps1h 01:53 25 Apr 04

what type of ram have you insatlled? also what is the chipset on the board. also is the psu strong enough to cope

Gongoozler 07:54 25 Apr 04

Hi Yettie. The GF4 card should be ok in the motherboard. Did you disable the onboard graphics before fitting the GF4? Is there any possibility that in fitting the GF4 you disturbed anything else in the computer?

Giggle n' Bits 21:49 25 Apr 04

tried changing VGA card, No VGa and using onboard, changed PSU, changed Memory, checked CPU core, it came to about 1 in every 50 attempts to get a boot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…