msi live bios update.... advice.

YAN003 22:38 11 Feb 04

My current bios version is 1.40 and the latest one is 1.50. Is this a thing to download for someone like myself who is a bit of a novice? I have had a go but get into problems when prompted to insert a floppy...copies whatever it is supposed to do...then I am not sure what to do. When removed it says that it has failed. (sorry if I am not explaining clearly).

Diodorus Siculus 22:49 11 Feb 04

Don't bother unless you really need to and if you do need to, you will know about it.

Best leave well enough alone - most BIOS upgrades are required if you want to install a new processor, faster memory etc. Not for day to day usage of the PC.

YAN003 22:53 11 Feb 04

I have downloaded the latest drivers for it without any that ok?

Diodorus Siculus 23:06 11 Feb 04

Latest drivers for what? The motherboard or any componets? If so, a good idea quite often, especially the graphics card, sound card and so on. Also visit and get any updates there (but ignore driver updates suggested by MS).

Hope that makes sense!

YAN003 23:12 11 Feb 04

Yes the drivers were done using MSI live update. Many thanks for the advice...I will leave BIOS updates alone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…