MSI Laptops... Any good ?

mooly 18:37 26 Jan 10

Some friends are looking to buy their first PC, a laptop with at least a 17" screen.
Argos have a 17" MSI model, W7 premium with 2gb RAM for £399

I had never heard of the brand... any opinions.

chub_tor 18:54 26 Jan 10

Never had an MSI laptop but they make great motherboards, had several of those. Here is a link to their home page click here

mooly 19:13 26 Jan 10

Many thanks... found the from your link,
click here
It looks promising... two year warranty from Argos too :)

Blackadderthe4th 19:26 26 Jan 10

Hi
I've checked the specs and would this be OK for some "light" video editing, with a mini DV cam, if I fitted firewire card?

sunnystaines 20:33 26 Jan 10

i have a MSI motherboard in my desktop and impressed with their support forums also the drivers and bios updates for the MB are regulary updated so impressed with MSI. Only fault onboard realtek sound never worked but using HD sound/graphics anyway.

i presume their laptops would be good too.

mooly 07:19 27 Jan 10

Thank Sunnystaines. Nice to know about the support, as it will be me that keeps getting called on lol... first PC and all.
I see the display is LED backlit which is good at the price point... can't really see anything against at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…