//some 3rd party need geo

MSI-6712 (SeriesKT4v) Front USB Connector:JUSB1

Kase 15:40 27 Nov 03

Hi

I have a MSI-6712 Mainboard and wish to use the front USB facility on the board. Question does anyone know the source of a suitable port unit to fit in the front CD/Rom bezel case area and a suitable cable to connect the unit to the Mainboard

Kase

scotty 15:42 27 Nov 03
  Mr_Nice_Guy 17:05 27 Nov 03

:( i have that board but mine also came with two extra ports to attach to the case and it took up my front usb support function. So my front ports are useless.

Kase 22:04 27 Nov 03

HI

Scotty, Thanks for the link have sent an email

Kase

Hi

Mr Nice-Guy, Are you saying the facility is more trouble than its worth? do the front USB units work? are you saying you have 2 separate Bezel front outlets instead of 2 outlets in 1 Bezel?
so on a standard 3 unit ATX midi case the units took up to much room?. I purchased the board together with an AMD 2400XP CPU to build an upgrade PC so I am hoping the USB board facility can be made to function.

Kase

DieSse 22:11 27 Nov 03

Most boards that have extra USB connectors via header pins (other than those directly on the back panel) usually come with a bracket for the back of the case with the actual ports on.

You then have to choose where you want your extra ports - on the front of a suitable equipped case - on a unit fitted into a drive bay, or on the back panel via a cable/bracket.

That's all - I can't see how it makes anything too much trouble - it's simply your choice.

Kase 09:12 04 Dec 03

Hi

Thank you for the information DieSse and all who replied with advice have now sourced a unit from Overclockers UK(Esnet Ltd)

Kase

Mr_Nice_Guy 11:14 04 Dec 03

with the board came two seperate usb ports for the back which used up my front port function, so my front ports are useless. I'm just saying they work perfectly well and wish i could use my front ports :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…