MSGTAG with OE

Enoch 07:51 10 Dec 06

Has anybody experienced the use of MSGTAG with OE and with what results, good or bad, please?

€dstowe 08:11 10 Dec 06

I've used MSGTAG with both Outlook and OE. No problems with either.

I do use the paid for version, though - the one where the recipient is not aware that the message is tagged.

Enoch 08:23 10 Dec 06

Thanks €dstowe----Did you start with the free version and, if so, was the knowledge that you were using it interferring with the correspondence please.

Secondly, do you use on EVERY email or can you be selective

rawprawn 09:09 10 Dec 06

I am the same as €dstowe, and I use the free version. You cannot pick and choose, but it causes no problems at all, it is a great little program. The only thing about the free version is it won't track multiple emails sent together such as a newsgroup.

Enoch 09:41 10 Dec 06

rawprawn-------Am I correct then, reading your post that, in principle, it can be specific because it only works on single recipients messages.

If it works only on ALL single emails, I could prevent it working on some by including my own email addres along with the required recipients email address. Is that practical please

€dstowe 10:00 10 Dec 06

I did start with the free version. I changed to the paid for after one particular customer objected to being "tracked". He wasn't being tracked at all, I was just protecting my interests - he was just someone who continually made excuses about not receiving emails and that snail mail got "lost in the post" when he didn't want to pay his bills.

It does only work on single emails and never bother to prevent it working.

rawprawn 10:41 10 Dec 06

As €dstowe says, there is no real point preventing it tracking. However you can disable it with a right click on the sys tray icon.

Enoch 10:48 10 Dec 06

Thanks guys, here goes and I will see what happens with my contacts on the free version before going on

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac