MSGTAG Annoucement by email

mahalo 20:18 14 Sep 05

I have today received an email the subject being as above, saying it is an upgrade, could this be spam is do you think it is genuine ?.
Many thanks for your help, I don't open anything that is suspect but this one who knows.

Jackcoms 20:19 14 Sep 05

It's genuine

VoG II 20:20 14 Sep 05

Do you use msgtag? click here

stalion 20:20 14 Sep 05
  stalion 20:21 14 Sep 05

hi! good evening we have got 20 20 vision

VoG II 20:22 14 Sep 05

Evening stalion

mahalo 21:13 14 Sep 05

No, I do not, however I have done a search and the only file it finds is mstag.tlb and I tried to open it to look at it and I couldn't.
So should I just ignore it or is is something that would be of benefit to me ?

stalion 21:17 14 Sep 05

click on the blue links

VoG II 21:18 14 Sep 05

It is a program for tracking e-mails so that you can easily see if the recipient has received the message.

If you don't need this then I suggest that you simply delete the e-mail about the upgrade.

Jackcoms 21:28 14 Sep 05

I'm a little confused.

I received this e-mail today from MSGTAG because I use MSGTAG. The e-mail is to tell users of MSGTAG that their server will have a short down time this Friday and during that down time the MSGTAG service will be unavailable.

If you have received it, you must have signed up to use their program at some time otherwise they would not/could not e-mail you in this way.

Are you sure you haven't used it at some time in the past??

mahalo 08:34 15 Sep 05

No, I haven't used it, as I say I did not know about it at all, I asked about it as it had MS--
(Microsoft) and did not want to delete it if it was important, and I have two email addresses, one for personal and one for "business i.e.,purchasing online etc and it arrived in my personal box. I am a computer novice of the elder kind and just keep to the basics. Thank you all, but I think I will do without it. Cheers everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…