msgsrv32.exe & Canon camera

GuyRogers44 13:07 02 Dec 04

Please can anyone help ???
I have a Canon Powershot A75 digital camera.
All appears to work well but: -
After downloading photos to computer - when I switch off my camera the computer "hangs" or "locks up". On pressing contrl/alt/del I get message msgsrv32.exe not responding. I have to hard reboot to get computer functional. It is as if computer fails to recognise that camera has been disconnected.
Any advice - please.

Technotiger 13:16 02 Dec 04

Hi, there should be a small icon on your task bar at bottom of screen when your cam is attached? Hover your mouse over this Icon and it should say "safely remove hardware" or similar, click on this icon and follow instrs ....... I think!! lol

GuyRogers44 10:51 03 Dec 04

I am afraid that the suggestion from Technotiger does not resolve the issue. I have tried the software on another computer & it works OK. Both computers using Windows 98SE operating system. There must be a conflict between the Canon software & a specific piece of software or hardware on my computer. All appears to work correctly, including download of photos, but computer locks up when I switch off camera. Computer seems not to recognise that camera is switched off. Any other ideas please ??

Technotiger 13:24 03 Dec 04

Hi again, when your cam is connected does it show-up in Devices in Device Manager - if so, you should be able to navigate through to its' Resources tab which would then show any conflicts.
If you can find the conflict then you might be able to do something about it. lol

Technotiger 18:08 03 Dec 04

Hi, got your email - let me know how you get on. Cheers.

GuyRogers44 11:29 04 Dec 04

Checked device manager which doesn't show any conflicts. Unable to change anything to effect an improvement. Wonder if the problem has anything to do with the Bios or the c-media AC97 audio device on this computer ???

Technotiger 11:35 04 Dec 04

Hi again, sorry, can't advise anything else (not an expert, you see) except that, once you have finished with cam, have you tried shutting down computer before disconnecting cam? Not a 'fix' I know, just a thought. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…