msfirewall.exe

mj6987 21:01 27 Nov 04

I am running on Windows 2000 Professional.

A process is running on my PC called msfirewall.exe. If I double click on the file nothing seems to happen. Is this a genuine Microsoft firewall or some sort of virus? It is in Winnt\System32.

Thanks.

JoeC 21:24 27 Nov 04
  mj6987 11:02 28 Nov 04

Thanks.

Next question how do I get rid of it. It won't let me just delete it - says "access is denied. Source file may be in use". Also the process seems to start up when Windows does - how can I stop it (or preferably remove it altogether)? My AV software is not picking it up as a virus (or my spyware program)

Thanks again.

BigMoFoT 11:11 28 Nov 04

Boot into safe mode, keep tapping F8 when your system is booting and choose safe mode from the menu. You should now be able to delete the file. To see where it starting in windows, click onto start, goto run and then type msconfig, click OK and choose the startup tab and everything with a tick in is sstarting with Windows,,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…