MSE Update on the 18th

thumbscrew 19:49 19 Jun 10

I've had Microsoft Security Essentials installed for a couple of months, I'm sure it's worthwhile, but the automatic updates are a constant source of confusion. Yesterday, because it hadn't updated for three days, I uninstalled and reinstalled. My latest one updated on the 18th...when I installed, but so far today...the 19th June, nothing has happened. I've resisted updating manually because, if I do I won't know if the automatics are working.Has anyone today received a 19th update? Does anyone know exactly how and when they are supposed to update?

mgmcc 20:12 19 Jun 10

I had a problem a couple of days ago when the definitions didn't update automatically and clicking the Update button also failed to load the latest definitions.

However, downloading the latest definitions from click here installed them OK and they have updated OK since.

rdave13 20:16 19 Jun 10

Isn't there a link to 'upgrade' MSE under the help tab if you think there's a problem?

birdface 20:19 19 Jun 10

An earlier thread.

click here

thumbscrew 20:44 19 Jun 10

I know it's an earlier thread buteman...top marks for spotting that. However, it's an ongoing problem which won't go away...ergo, a new but relevant problem.

birdface 20:57 19 Jun 10

I managed to update mine using mooley's first click here but a 53mb download to get it was a bit much.
I was informed that it included an update to Windows Defender.
So maybe it is Defender that is acting up.
Anyhow I removed mine and went back to AVG and maybe I will use MSE again sometime in the future.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017