MSE not installing / updating - Solution..?

awest3 17:27 02 Aug 10

A week or so ago I dug out my old XP SP3 laptop to update all the software, mainly things like CC, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware and MSE. I do this every couple of months so that should I need another computer to fix problems on the other two it does not take an hour of updating before I can use it.
When the laptop started it tried to download an update for MSE which failed and left me somewhat unprotected. I tried all sorts of things to get it to work to no avail...even full installs failed. I wnet thorugh all sorts of hoops suggested by MS from the error codes..nothing worked. Was just about to give up when I gave it one last go at looking the error up on the Internet..deep in one of the solutions was the fact that a folder 'desktop/all users' might be missing..without much conviction I looked and found I did not have this file...created one reran the install and hey presto all working...I'm gobsmacked...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…