MSDN - Do I need it?

HolyJoeMuttley 14:35 29 Jan 07

Hi,

While checking through my installed program list I've noticed that there is a program called "Microsoft MSDN 2005 Express Edition - ENU".

My questions are:

Do I need it?
Can I remove it with no problems elsewhere?

I've found out that it's for developers and it also seems that you pay a vast amount of money per year for it. Now I'm not a developer as for me programming language is something that is spoken on other planets and by rocket scientists....and I sure don't pay M$ any money.

I'm looking forward to the replies.

Cheers

Pamy 16:16 29 Jan 07

Delete it to your recycle bin. If you have problems then restore it

HolyJoeMuttley 17:35 29 Jan 07

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately this is a program not a file that can be deleted to the recycle bin. It has to be uninstalled. So I need the advice for uninstalling it, as once it's gone, it's gone and I wont be able to get it back. My real worry is if it will have an impact on any other programs.

Regards

Holy

Pamy 17:39 29 Jan 07

Can you rename it and move to somewhere else, then if there are no problems you could delete it. I realy do not think you nead it.

TomG 18:51 29 Jan 07

The program is freely available from microsoft - its for writing your own programs, dumping it shouldn't cause a problem.

HolyJoeMuttley 20:19 29 Jan 07

Many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…