msdirectx.exe virus

Rodman 12:38 28 Jul 05

Hello all

I have just been handed my daughters Sony VAIO running Windows 2000 (service pack 3) to clean up she used it on the net without any virus protection and now has a virus that keeps coming up every 5 seconds. AVG brings it up as

C:\msdirectx.exe and C:\windows\system32\msdirectx.exe

no amount of scanning with AVG will kill it. Has anybody had any dealings with this before?

I have tried to clean it up with no luck.

Any help would be great.

Major Disaster 12:55 28 Jul 05

Can you manually delete it from those locations?
try this click here

Major Disaster 12:56 28 Jul 05

or some oher AV (click here , click here)

stalion 14:23 28 Jul 05
  Rodman 04:45 02 Aug 05

Hellow gents

Sorry it's been so long getting to answer you. Work's a pain in the butt.

I have been able to isolate the programs that are generating the virus alerts 'sysmon32.exe' and 'xpjava.exe' when I kill these in the task manager the alerts stop, until I re-boot, then start all over again. I now have to find the program that is re-installing these. Any Ideas???

Andsome 08:42 02 Aug 05

You need to post a Hijack this log, so that an expert can sort out your problem. You can do it on this website, but unfortunately it has to be split into two due to posting size restrictions. I recommend that you register at this other forum, where you can see FULL instructions on posting a Hijack this log, and I can guarantee that someone will help.

click here

Rodman 20:09 02 Aug 05

Thanks Andsome.

I have registered and will be posting HJT log as some as the boss leaves!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…