mscoree.dll error message with Norton

sheila.weston 09:45 07 Oct 04

I have had the following error message when running the Norton checkup routine: Norton WinDoctor: Missing File: Dot\Net\Installer cannot access a necessary file mscoree.dll in c:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe

Doing a GOOGLE search I understand that this is not important and it is recommended to download a very large patch from microsoft, if it is annoying.

Has anyone found an alternative way around this problem? I was intending to find the mscoree.dll file to keep Norton happy, but there doesn't seem to be one.

Sheila

Jomi 12:03 07 Oct 04

Hi Shiela,

you can download mscoree from click here if it helps

stalion 12:04 07 Oct 04

the dll you want is a necessary file for windows if running xp download it and put it in your system folder
click here

sheila.weston 14:41 07 Oct 04

Many thanks for both your suggestions. I have downloaded the file and will see what Norton makes of it (when I have downloaded winzip to unzip it).

stalion 20:09 07 Oct 04

are you running xp it will unzip the file for you just double click it

Chris the Ancient 20:58 07 Oct 04

I also keep getting the good ol' mscoree thingy. I now keep a copy of mccoree.dll ih a handy location so I can put it back in.

Now as to why this keeps happening... }8-(

Chris

Nottingham 21:49 07 Oct 04

Sheila, Jomi and Stalion,

I lost mscoree.dll some time ago in exactly the same way as you did Sheila. When I saw your dialogue tonight I thought my problems were solved. Got to the dll people OK but could not download mscoree unless I had java enabled together with some 'pop up' requirement. I have java enabled, but the 'pop up' bit has lost me. Did you get the dll installed Sheila, and find out what its function was in XP?

Nottingham

stalion 22:10 07 Oct 04

info on mscoree dll,pretty technical
click here

Nottingham 23:26 07 Oct 04

Stalion,

I like that re-direction - I have to say that it is probably better that I know nothing of mscoree's function at the end of the day. I'll work out how to deal with the 'pop up' requirement with Java enabled, and then put mscoree.dll very gently back in its box.

Regards,

Nottingham

iscanut2 08:16 08 Oct 04

I have searched my drives but this file is not present on my system. Everything seems to run OK and I have not had any error messages etc...

sheila.weston 15:06 08 Oct 04

Many thanks, all. Yes, I managed to download the mscoree file and think I clicked OK to the Java and other file they told me to download. Anyway, the message has disappeared.

On to the next problem - I have rather a lot at the moment..............
Sheila

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…